Husqvarna 2100 CD 7th AV mount.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
9:15 PM
Reaction score
Anybody go a 7th mount for a Husqvarna 2100 CD?
The one that mounts to the bottom wrap bar mounting position, right angles out with a rubber AV to the bottom hole of the inside felling spike.
I believe there may also have been a spring version similar to the 288 type- interested in either..... as long as anyone that has one is willing to ship it to the other side of the Pacific!

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, I wonder if I cannot fab something up using a spring AV from a 395?
2100's are rare over here- parts rarer.
I have the rubber AV version, but the rubber has torn in half.

Chainmale

Local time
Reaction score
Yep, I wonder if I cannot fab something up using a spring AV from a 395?
2100's are rare over here- parts rarer.
I have the rubber AV version, but the rubber has torn in half.
Tell me about it. I'm dreading when something goes wrong with mine, as I do like using it. Is it your saw or fixing for someone else?

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Tell me about it. I'm dreading when something goes wrong with mine, as I do like using it. Is it your saw or fixing for someone else?

My saw- just recently acquired (well a few months back) hard to find here- anyone that has one is either guarding it with the life of their first born, or looking for parts. I found a "complete" one- that had spark that was going to be free, but I slipped the guy 2 $50 bills in the handshake that sealed the deal.
It had eaten something hard, cylinder was damaged beyond use as was the piston (thin ring version) so I imported a Dukes top end. Lower rod bearing was suspect enough I swapped the crank for a 298 one. New main bearings, new old stock seal and gasket kit, homemade (saw blade) outer dog, carb kit (still governed) and so yep, after a bit of work.... a nice running 6 cubic inch saw.
It is building into a rope breaker with each tank it burns from freshening up- was a pretty relaxed starter after the build, more like my 288xp now and I am willing to bet will get stronger- only a couple of tanks through it thus far.

Chainmale

Local time
Reaction score
My saw- just recently acquired (well a few months back) hard to find here- anyone that has one is either guarding it with the life of their first born, or looking for parts. I found a "complete" one- that had spark that was going to be free, but I slipped the guy 2 $50 bills in the handshake that sealed the deal.
It had eaten something hard, cylinder was damaged beyond use as was the piston (thin ring version) so I imported a Dukes top end. Lower rod bearing was suspect enough I swapped the crank for a 298 one. New main bearings, new old stock seal and gasket kit, homemade (saw blade) outer dog, carb kit (still governed) and so yep, after a bit of work.... a nice running 6 cubic inch saw.
It is building into a rope breaker with each tank it burns from freshening up- was a pretty relaxed starter after the build, more like my 288xp now and I am willing to bet will get stronger- only a couple of tanks through it thus far.
Cool, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I wish I got the last parts one I seen on trademe. Mine's pretty tidy and running fine but you never know. Good to know you could source seals and bearings. Was crank NOS? Was freight pricey on cylinder?

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Cool, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I wish I got the last parts one I seen on trademe. Mine's pretty tidy and running fine but you never know. Good to know you could source seals and bearings. Was crank NOS? Was freight pricey on cylinder?
You know the story with our dollar versus theirs- double it.......
Shipping was up there, but there was more to the order than just the cylinder kit. Bearings for the cranks are standard bearings from most any shop- as long as you get C3 ones and from a reputable maker.
Nope, the crank was off a mate down here that used to work at the local Jonsered agents when there was one- he has lots of fun stuff and is my go to guy for obsolete parts, he has shelves full of boxes of bits of saws.

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
Reaction score
Looking at your picture I’d think one of these could be used with a nut instead of a screw on one side

View attachment 360 View attachment 361

Yep, that is also an option, but was thinking if I step away from original- I will probably change the rubber AV mount for a spring one, not unlike the 288XP type. Think the 298 also had a similar spring version.
The idea behind the original post was- 2100's are a LOT more common in the States than they ever were in New Zealand and someone out there may have an old undamaged unit off a wrecked saw they could package and post out.
If that option is not there, I will cobble something up out of parts available here.