Dereal Chainsaw

Boy Scout

Local time
7:07 PM
Reaction score
While opening and assembling my new chainsaw, I was perplexed why the Clutch Cover would not completely go closed. Really looking at it both opened and trying to close it, finds the cover has a metal ring that appears to go around the Clutch when closing it. I feel sure when I took it off that it was in place correctly but it will not go all the way around the Clutch now and that prevents me from closing the Clutch Cover and aligning the chainsaw correctly.
I need ideas and help if anyone has an answer to this issue. Thanks so much!

Nutball

Local time
6:07 PM
Reaction score
That metal ring is the braking mechanism that stops the chain when the brake handle gets pushed forward. There should be a little lever on it where the brake handle attaches, you may need pliers to pull the lever back if you can't push the clutch cover onto the saw far enough for the handle to engage and pull the brake lever back.

Boy Scout

Local time
7:07 PM
Reaction score
That metal ring is the braking mechanism that stops the chain when the brake handle gets pushed forward. There should be a little lever on it where the brake handle attaches, you may need pliers to pull the lever back if you can't push the clutch cover onto the saw far enough for the handle to engage and pull the brake lever back.
Thank you! I will try that. And again, thank-you for taking your time to help me.--BoyScout!