Chainsaw case?

MadKaw

Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
I have an Echo 590 with 24" bar. I ordered the Echo case for it and the box has the proper number for the 24" bar. But the scabbard does not fit. It looks like the 20" model. Is this a fluke and likely to be solved with a return and reorder? Or should I look for another solution?

MadKaw

Local time
Reaction score
What does whomever you bought it from say when you bought the subject up with them?
I don't expect them to say anything except "Here's yer money." It's not their fault. The product number and UPC are correct for the 24" bar. I just don't know whether the factory made an error in packaging or if the error is systematic.
Actually, I may not return it. I have an old Homelite running a 20" bar. I'm going to check to see if it fits the case.
But I'm wondering whether there is a case out there that fits the Echo with a 24" bar. If I haven't figured it out by Monday, I'll contact Echo's Customer Service.

MadKaw

Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE
I wound up returning it. The 20" bar on the Homelite fit the scabbard but the baseplate of the powerhead was too big... well, the saw is 70cc. So the case was returned.
Do you guys use anything to protect your saws during transport and/or storage?

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
Bar scabbards is all I use and I tend to use Stihl ones on any and all saws that do not have an original one because in the grand scheme of things they are dirt cheap for the quality when compared to other options I have.
If you spend the time with a file to get your chains spot on before transportation- a scabbard keeps them that way when you get to where you are cutting. Rest of the saw can roll with the punches for transporting- they are not wrapped in bubble wrap during use and tend to pick up a few battle scars/wear/grime that way rather than during transport. Tools not heirlooms.

MadKaw

Local time
Reaction score
Bar scabbards is all I use and I tend to use Stihl ones on any and all saws that do not have an original one because in the grand scheme of things they are dirt cheap for the quality when compared to other options I have.
If you spend the time with a file to get your chains spot on before transportation- a scabbard keeps them that way when you get to where you are cutting. Rest of the saw can roll with the punches for transporting- they are not wrapped in bubble wrap during use and tend to pick up a few battle scars/wear/grime that way rather than during transport. Tools not heirlooms.
I like your thinking.
Another solution I'm considering is one I've seen... A hunk of wood in the pickup bed and let the saw cut it's own slot.