460 Rancher with Stihl 36” Bar

Slay

Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
Can a Husky 460 rancher be adapted to an Oregon Powercut 363rndd025 (Stihl) bar? I currently run a 20” bar on the Rancher and the 36” bar would be for one use (or very infrequent). I’m having trouble confirming the correct bar adapter.

Solution
Having a 460 Rancher with just a 24 inch bar that it came with, I would say stick with the 20 inch as that is about what it can pull without stalling constantly.

Slay

Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
@Bob Hedgecutter - Profound!
@Stump Shot - Thanks - I was hoping a skip chain would help, but you're right. I'd be pulling a fifth wheel with a Ford Pinto. The 36" bar was given to me to help with some storm cleanup. I'll stick with the 24" and see how that goes after things dry up around here. Might be time to upgrade!

Bob Hedgecutter

Staff member
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
@Stump Shot - Thanks - I was hoping a skip chain would help, but you're right. I'd be pulling a fifth wheel with a Ford Pinto. The 36" bar was given to me to help with some storm cleanup. I'll stick with the 24" and see how that goes after things dry up around here. Might be time to upgrade!

Profound? Not really. 100% honest and truthful- yes.
Not only does the 460 just plain and simple not have the guts to run a 36" chain skip or not- it would oil it worth a damn either.
There is a point where bigger does not = better and your current 460 wearing a 24" is already at the maxed out range.

RedneckChainsawRepair

Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
Anything is possible. But I wouldnt do it.

32" 3/8 on a 59cc clone G366 59cc. I did same thing on a OEM 361 too. The clone actually oiled the 32" bar better in the buried cuts.
Both actually cut with ease in buried too.

Just for chits and giggles testing.

g36632.jpg
g3663216.jpg

YWPD

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
Can a Husky 460 rancher be adapted to an Oregon Powercut 363rndd025 (Stihl) bar? I currently run a 20” bar on the Rancher and the 36” bar would be for one use (or very infrequent). I’m having trouble confirming the correct bar adapter.
Could go to 24" max as recommended on HLSupply's bar-and-chain-finder

Stump Shot

Local time
9:32 PM
Reaction score

Perfectly logical excuse to buy a bigger Pro saw! Lol